Raising an issue with the Guardian
If you are a child or young person in care or juvenile detention and you have a problem, we will always talk to you.
Call freecall 1800 275 664 or (08) 8226 8570 during office hours. If we are not there, leave a message and contact details and we will call back.
If it as an emergency, call one of the emergency numbers listed on this page.
Generally it is best to take up any complaints with your social worker first. It is their job to look out for you.
You may ask another adult you trust like a teacher, a foster carer or a residential care worker to help you do that.
Some other places that you or your advocate could try are:
- the worker's supervisor or the Manager of the Families SA office where your social worker is based
- Families SA Customer Service on freecall 1800 003 305.
- the Office of the Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner on (08) 8226 8666 or free call 1800 232 007.
If it is an emergency you can call:
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- Police 000 (emergency) or 131 444
- Crisis Response Unit (after hours) 13 16 11
- Crisis Response Unit (reverse charge) 8293 9806