If things are not going right for you, there is always someone to talk to.

If it is an emergency, here are some people who can help:

If it is not urgent, you may be able to talk about it to your social worker, a carer, a teacher or any adult you trust.  But whatever happens, you can always talk to us.

Call freecall 1800 275 664 or 08 8226 8570. If we are not available, leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can. Or email us at gcyp@gcyp.sa.gov.au . 

You can talk to us about:

  • things that are happening where you are living now
  • what might happen in the future
  • being able to see your relatives and friends
  • having a say in decisions that affect you
  • a decision that was made that you didn’t like
  • finding out about your rights

We will:

  • find out from you what is happening
  • find out what you would like to happen
  • if it is OK with you, find out more from other people
  • help you to have a say and get things looked at

Call freecall 1800 275 664 or 08 8226 8570 or email us at gcyp@gcyp.sa.gov.au . 

Other people you can talk to are at:

For more information you can read the booklet 'About being in Care' .